Issued by the Colorado Department of Transportation, annual permits or single trip permits can be obtained at the Port of Entry. You must purchase the permits before moving the Oversize/Overweight load into the state.

The Various types of permits issued by the Colorado Department of Transportation are:

  • Annual Oversize/Overweight Permit
  • Annual Oversize only Permit
  • Single trip Oversize/Overweight Permit
  • Annual Two/Three Axle Divisible Load Permit
  • Annual Quad Axle Divisible Load Permit
  • Chapter 6 Special Permit
  • Longer Vehicle Combination Permit (LVC)

To get more details on how to acquire a permit for bringing legal vehicles and loads to Colorado, visit Colorado Oversize/Overweight Permit Information.